Total Pageviews

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Lab #6- The Finale!

It's hard to believe that the spring 2012 semester is coming to end. With the semester coming to a close, it also means that our time at St. Mary's is coming to an end. Overall, I enjoyed lab #6 the most. I had a great time at our last visit to St. Mary's and I know the kids had fun as well even though we had a couple of injuries during this lab. The first thing we did at lab was play with a huge parachute with all the kids. They all seemed to really enjoy it and had fun playing all the games. I remember back when I was in elementary school and we played with the parachute during Physical Education class; it was one of my favorite days in PE and I have great memories of it. I hope that we were able to make great memories for the kids of St. Mary's. After we finished playing with the parachute, I played knockout for a little with some of the older boys. Once again, I'm always amazed at how well these boys can play basketball. I also played jump rope with some of the girls and played tag with some of the younger boys. Throughout the day one boy seemed to keep following me around the gymnasium and kept playing the same activities that I was participating in. I finally asked him if he wanted to play any game in particular, he told me he wanted to play the statue game. He made up this game and it was so incredible to see him use his imagination and think of his own game to play. He had so much fun playing it. We also played Simon says together and then soccer for a little bit. At the end of the day, It was really nice to see all the kids playing the game we organized and that they were having fun. I'm so sad that our labs at St. Mary's are over. This was a great experience and the kids were so much fun to work with. I'm glad that I got to know the kids and that I was able to learn things about most of them. They were a great group of kids and working at St. Mary's has just made me even more excited to become a Physical Education teacher in the future. I would like to thank St. Mary's for having us at their school this semester and for everything that they have done for us.





No comments:

Post a Comment